Dip Pen Nib/ Stainless Steel (Kakimori)
A handcrafted dip pen nib made of stainless steel by Kakimori.
The stainless steel nib was created as a durable and practical nib. The nib point has been rounded and polished with meticulous care, providing an exceptionally smooth writing experience that defies expectation. Enjoy multiple line widths from fine lines to broad strokes with a tilt of the nib. Made to universal specifications to fit all standard nib holders, as well as those from our range. *Nib only ― nib holder sold separately.
Dimensions: (H)1.2” x (Ø)0.2”
Made in Japan.
Use and care by Kakmori:
- The maximum writing angle is 45 degrees.
- When removing the nib from the nib holder, gently pull it out while turning to avoid dislodging the nib mount.
- Strong impact to the precision-made nib may compromise ink flow.
- To prevent the build-up of dry ink in the grooves, rinse frequently in water during use.
- To remove stubborn dry ink, gently scrub in water with a soft toothbrush.
- If using detergent, a pH neutral detergent is recommended. Avoid alkaline detergents as they will damage the surface.
Kakimori is a company in downtown Tokyo renowned for its brand ethos of bringing joy that comes from writing by hand. The stationery creator makes writing instruments and surfaces with meticulous attention to detail, using sustainable production processes often replying on the skills of artisans and craftsmen across Japan.