NANGA Pocketable Aerial Down Parka
Sale Sold out
Regular price $430.00 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
A lightweight down jacket with pocketable specs by NANGA, a company founded in 1941 in Shiga, Japan, known for superior quality down comforters and wearables.
The parka can be worn as both a lightweight outerwear and a middle layer combined with shells and heavy outerwear.
NANGA uses the European down that is twice washed and refined, eliminating the feathers’ particular odor while providing excellent temperature and humidity control. All materials and parts, such as the use of ultra-thin ripstop nylon and snag-free YKK zippers, has been carefully chosen to achieve maximum functionality and comfort.
Other design points worth noting:
- The fabric is made of ultra-thin 10dn ripstop nylon, so it is soft and comfortable to wear, and it has excellent heat retention because it can efficiently transfer body temperature to the air layer.
- Shirring rubber on the hood and cuffs and adjustable spindles around the hood and hem prevent cold air from entering and minimize cold spots.
- Large pockets on both chests can store accessories and smartphones. You can easily put things in and out even with your backpack on your back.
- The hood, which is designed by calculating the fit to the head, adheres to the head and enhances heat retention. In addition, the hood does not come off easily even outdoors in strong winds, so it keeps warmth.
- The right waist pocket is double and can be used as a zip pocket when worn, and it is pocketable to put a jacket in the zip pocket, so it can be stored very small and carried.
- The storage size is as compact as 14 cm in length and 20 cm in width, so you can put it in your backpack's side pocket or bag when you move. The total weight is 270g, which is very light.
- By designing the width of the quilt stitch according to the amount of feathers, it is possible to maximize the heat retention with the minimum amount of feathers, and it demonstrates the outstanding heat retention in the down jacket with this amount of feathers.
NANGA originates from the Himalayan mountain Nanga Parbat, the ninth highest in the world standing at 8,125 meters above sea level. Founded in 1941 in Shiga, Japan, the quilting company has been manufacturing outdoor gears that last a lifetime, and withstand extreme weather conditions for amateurs and professional explorers alike.