Dip Pen Nib/ Glass (Kakimori)
A handcrafted dip pen nib made of glass by Kakimori.
The Glass nib was developed as a casual alternative to the conventional glass pen. Handcrafted by glass artist Akiko Fukazawa, the nib delivers an incredibly smooth writing experience.
Designed with universal specifications to fit all standard nib holders, as well as those from Kakimori.
Dimensions: (H)1.6” x (Ø)0.2”
Made in Japan.
Use and care Kakimori:
- Nib only ― stems sold separately.
- As each item is individually crafted by hand, please expect slight variations in specification or feel.
- To prevent the build-up of dry ink in the grooves, rinse frequently in water during use.
- To remove stubborn dry ink, gently scrub in water with a soft toothbrush.
- When changing the nib, avoid applying excessive pressure directly to the glass.
Kakimori is a company in downtown Tokyo renowned for its brand ethos of bringing joy that comes from writing by hand. The stationery creator makes writing instruments and surfaces with meticulous attention to detail, using sustainable production processes often replying on the skills of artisans and craftsmen across Japan.